Monetize your Yclas website by adding commercial banners. Banners can be added to the header, footer, sidebar or in a random position in the listings page, as an image or HTML code.
This guide explains how you can create a banner for free using canva.com, export it as an image (.png or .jpg) and use it in your website.
Steps to add a banner to a category or location page:
- Create an account on canva.com, for free.
- Upload your image and create the banner in canva.com panel.
- Export the banner as image.
- Go to your website panel, Classifieds -> Categories or Locations and click to edit a category or location.
- In the toolbar of the description field, click to upload an image and choose the image you exported from canva.com.
Create an Image Widget:
For more information about the Image Widget, click here.
- Upload the exported image to a free image hosting service
- Login to your admin panel
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and create an Image Widget
- Enter the title that will appear above the image or leave it empty for no title.
- Enter the URL of the image.
- Enter the URL users will be redirected to when they click on the image. Leave empty to make image not clickable.
To add banner to the header, footer or sidebar of your website:
- Upload the exported image to a free image hosting service.
- Copy the URL of the image and paste it in the HTML code.
Insert the HTML code to:
- Appearance -> Theme Options -> General -> Header or Footer banner, allows HTML
- Appearance -> Widgets -> create a Text Widget that allows HTML
You may also be interested in: